I am inspired by fabric. I absolutely love shopping for it. It makes me excited to create something with it.
4. What are you biggest challenges with being a stay at home mom and working from home?
My biggest challenge lately is house training my new puppy. I feel like I just get in the groove and then I have to take him out. I do find that since I am my own boss, I can tend to procrastinate on things that I'm not excited to do.
5. How do you balance home and work life?
Both of my kids are in school full time so I have all day during the week to get my work done. On weekends I do find it hard to stop working, I usually don't.
6. What are your dreams for your business?
I think that I just want to continue making cute baby goods and adding new things here and there for Moms. I have my stuff in a few stores. I think I'd like to get a few more retailers in the future.
7. What advice or tips would you give to stay at home moms who want to use their talents to earn an income?
My advice would be to make sure you love what you are doing. Make the best quality items you can. Don't get discouraged or compare yourself to others that are doing something similar to you. It will only make you feel like what you're doing isn't good enough. Just focus on yourself and stay positive.
8. Any thing else you want to share?
Never stop learning about your craft. In the future I plan on learning to teach myself to sew with knits/jersey fabric and eventually take some quilting classes.