The best way to convince someone to start dry brushing is by promoting its ability to reduce cellulite and provide glowing skin, but there are a whole lot more health benefits that are worth noting. Here are our Top 5 Dry Brushing Benefits:
Improves Circulation: Some people even report greater energy because of the increased circulation throughout the body and to the brain. Improved circulation helps transport nutrients to every area of your body to help with cellular repair and regular maintenance. The energy boost is another great reason to incorporate this into your morning shower routine.
Exfoliates Dead Skin: Dry brushing helps to shed dead skin cells and promote skin renewal. The result will be noticeably soft, glowing skin.Dry brushing can also help reduce those pesky ingrown hairs.
Unclogs and Decongests Skin: When your skin is unclogged it will improve the skins ability to absorb nutrients. Your skin is your largest organ and is highly absorbent. This is why it is so important to only use clean, organic products directly on your skin.
Aid Lymphatic System: The lymphatic system runs parallel to the circulatory system, and acts as a 'garbage disposal' removing toxins from the blood. Dry brushing helps the body eliminate these metabolic wastes that naturally build up in the blood.
Reduces Appearance of Cellulite: Cellulite appears as toxins get trapped in fat cells. Dry brushing can help reduce cellulite by improving circulation, which aids in the eliminate of toxic build up. For this reason dry brushing also helps improve muscle tone and even distribution of fat.
We love this dry brush
from Merben. Handmade with bristles from natural jute fibres and a cotton 13" handle that allows you to reach all those hard spots, dry brushing will easily become a part of your daily routine. To maintain cleanliness, keep the brush away from moisture and shake after each brushing.
How to Dry Brush:
- The best time for dry brushing is to do it in the morning before getting into the shower. Keep your dry brush somewhere in plain sight as you get into the habit of using it.
- Get naked and begin sweeping feather-like motions starting at your feet and moving up towards your heart brush your thighs, and stomach.
- Once you have done your lower body and torso, start at your wrists and move towards your heart with the same sweeping motion.
- Brush down your neck towards your heart. Your back is the only exception, brush from your neck down towards your lower back.
- Your skin will become less sensitive as you keep brushing - you do not need to press hard with the brush to get the benefits. Keep it up, it's worth it!
- For added lymph drainage alternate hot and cold shower temperatures, ending with cold. Go to the most extreme cold and hot temperatures that you can handle. This will stimulate greater circulation and bring blood to the top layer of skin.
We also include this Mermen Dry Brush in our Gifts For Her basket.
The Jules' Team